Submit my Application
Use this checklist for submitting your application.
1. Prepare all required documents
Check the job ad for what you must include in your submission. As part of your submission, you may be asked to include:
- Written response (be sure to provide it in the format required)
- Resumé /Curriculum Vitae
- Completed application form (available from the job advertisement page)
- Supporting documents, such as referee reports or copies of qualifications, registrations or licences.
To ensure the selection panel can view your application, please make sure all documents have been saved in either Microsoft Word format (.doc, .docx), Portable Document Format (.pdf) or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Other formats may not be readable on ACTPS computers, requiring documents to be converted and resubmitted. Use headers and footers containing your name, the job title and position number, and number each page of your application addressing the selection criteria. Panel members may have a lot of applications to consider and this will help the selection panel keep track of your application.
2. Submit via email
Your email should:
- Have all required documents attached
- Subject line that states the position number and title of the job you are applying for and your first and last name
- Be sent to email@example.com unless the job ad specifies that you must send it to the contact officer or submit via ACT Health’s e-recruitment system. If you are applying for more than one job, submit these applications separately. If you require help, please contact Shared Services by calling (02) 6207 9000.
Your application must be submitted by the advertised closing date. All positions close at 11.59pm on the day of closing unless otherwise stated in the ad. Extensions may be granted under special circumstances at the discretion of the contact officer, however this should be arranged prior to the close date and should be referenced in a cover note in your email once submitted.
What happens next?
The Selection Committee commences a selection process. Enquiries about progress of the selection process and your application should be directed to the contact officer from the ad.