Closes: 30 May 2019
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 6
Salary: $83,135 - $95,146
Position No: 29531
Directorate: ACT Health
Advertised (Gazettal date): 10 May 2019
Contact Officer: Jo Lesiputty on
(02) 5124 9793
The ACT Health Directorate is responsible for the stewardship of the health system in the ACT. ACT Health provides a strong policy and population health capability based on a foundation of world-leading health and medical research.
ACT Health develops strategies and sets the direction to ensure services meet community needs and expectations, delivers improved health outcomes, and that the health system is innovative, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
ACT Health has responsibility for:
- Developing strategic policy and stewardship of the health system, including working with the Commonwealth on key health improvement initiatives.
- Managing demand for and supply of health services across the territory.
- Improving the health and wellbeing of the ACT population by promoting healthy behaviours and lifestyles and through ongoing monitoring and evaluation of health programs and policy.
- Preventing, and providing a timely response to, potential public health incidents.
- Leading the health workforce and clinical training strategy including building strong partnerships with key academic institutions and training providers,
- Commissioning and managing multi-million-dollar contracts for the provision of health services, including partnerships with community sector organisations, peak bodies and advocacy groups,
- Managing a portfolio of infrastructure programs to ensure the ACT has world class, sustainable, fit for purpose clinical and patient care facilities,
- Monitoring and enforcement of public health regulations, and
- Providing public health advice.
The ACT Public Service supports workforce diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, culturally diverse people and those who identify as LGBTIQ are encouraged to apply.
Overview of the work area and position:
The Policy, Partnership and Programs Branch comprises of teams within Health Policy Unit, Mental Health Policy Unit and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Practice Centre responsible for providing advice to ACT Health and the ACT Government to meet the health needs of the community. We do this by contributing to the creation of policy settings that ensure the right care can be accessed in the right place, in the right way, at the right time, and that people are better able to care for themselves. This includes but is not limited to, the provision of strategic health policy advice, project development and implementation, procurement of non-government services, and liaison with government, non-government and private sector stakeholders.
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Practice Centre provides strategic policy advice to ACT Health, and to inform local and national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing strategies, research, policy development and community base programs.
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Practice Centre works closely with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander representatives, local Aboriginal Controlled Community Organisations, health services and community to achieve collective outcomes.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field.
- Policy and/or legislation experience.
- An understanding and/or work experience with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
undergo a pre-employment Police check.
How to Apply: For further information, please visit the Health Website here.
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Policy, Programs and Projects