Assistant Director - Mental Health Policy
Closes: 30 May 2019
Classification: Senior Officer Grade B
Salary: $123,227 - $138,723
Position No: 36476
Directorate: ACT Health
Advertised (Gazettal date): 16 May 2019
Contact Officer: Jon Ord on email@example.com or (02) 5124 9733
- Developing strategic policy and stewardship of the health system, including working with the Commonwealth on key health improvement initiatives.
- Managing demand for and supply of health services across the territory.
- Improving the health and wellbeing of the ACT population by promoting healthy behaviours and lifestyles and through ongoing monitoring and evaluation of health programs and policy.
- Preventing, and providing a timely response to, potential public health incidents.
- Leading the health workforce and clinical training strategy including building strong partnerships with key academic institutions and training providers,
- Commissioning and managing multi-million-dollar contracts for the provision of health services, including partnerships with community sector organisations, peak bodies and advocacy groups,
- Managing a portfolio of infrastructure programs to ensure the ACT has world class, sustainable, fit for purpose clinical and patient care facilities,
- Monitoring and enforcement of public health regulations, and
- Providing public health advice.
- Extensive experience in health or human services policy development and/or program management
- High level capability with respect to analysis and strategic policy development
- A high level of political astuteness
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience working in a health or human services policy setting
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant area
- A strong understanding of current and emerging issues in contemporary health policy and service delivery
How to Apply: For further information, please visit the Health Website here.
Career interest categories:
Leaders and Senior Management
Policy, Programs and Projects