Closes: 25 April 2019
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 5
Salary: $77,155 - $81,668
Position No: 42851
Directorate: ACT Health
Advertised (Gazettal date): 09 April 2019
Contact Officer: Geraldine Grayland on
(02) 5124 9710
The ACT Health Directorate is responsible for the stewardship of the health system in the ACT. ACT Health provides a strong policy and population health capability based on a foundation of world-leading health and medical research.
ACT Health develops strategies and sets the direction to ensure services meet community needs and expectations, delivers improved health outcomes, and that the health system is innovative, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
ACT Health has responsibility for:
- Developing strategic policy and stewardship of the health system, including working with the Commonwealth on key health improvement initiatives.
- Managing demand for and supply of health services across the territory.
- Improving the health and wellbeing of the ACT population by promoting healthy behaviours and lifestyles and through ongoing monitoring and evaluation of health programs and policy.
- Preventing, and providing a timely response to, potential public health incidents.
- Leading the health workforce and clinical training strategy including building strong partnerships with key academic institutions and training providers,
- Commissioning and managing multi-million dollar contracts for the provision of health services, including partnerships with community sector organisations, peak bodies and advocacy groups,
- Managing a portfolio of infrastructure programs to ensure the ACT has world class, sustainable, fit for purpose clinical and patient care facilities,
- Monitoring and enforcement of public health regulations, and
- Providing public health advice.
The ACT Public Service supports workforce diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, culturally diverse people and those who identify as LGBTIQ are encouraged to apply.
Overview of the work area and position
The Health Systems, Policy and Research Group is responsible for all strategic health policy, program and quality strategy functions within the ACT Health Directorate. The Group leads the population health, protection and prevention functions to improve health outcomes for the ACT community. The Group has a significant focus on health and medical research, professional leadership and education to support the delivery of research-led, evidence based, high quality health care for the ACT.
The Deputy Director-General, Health Systems, Policy and Research oversees and manages the functions within the Group. The Deputy Director-General is supported by a Senior Manager, Business Manager, Executive Officer and Personal Assistant. As the Executive Support Officer, you will work closely with the Business Manager and Executive Officer to manage the day to day operations and workflow of the office. The main duties of the role will include management of the shared Outlook inbox, allocating and tracking tasks assigned to Divisions. It is expected that you will use your initiative to ensure that issues with meeting critical timeframes are escalated appropriately where required.
To be successful, you will have highly developed written and oral communication skills, strong organisational skills and the flexibility to work within a high paced office environment.
- Previous experience in utilising Hewlett Packard Records Manager (HPRM) – formerly TRIM.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
How to Apply:
For further information on how to apply please visit the Health Website here
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services