Closes: 02 May 2019
Classification: Senior Officer Grade A
Position No: 43124
Directorate: ACT Health
Advertised (Gazettal date): 11 April 2019
Contact Officer: Angelene True on email@example.com or (02) 5124 9865
- Developing strategic policy and stewardship of the health system, including working with the Commonwealth on key health improvement initiatives
- Managing demand for and supply of health services across the territory
- Improving the health and wellbeing of the ACT population by promoting healthy behaviours and lifestyles and through ongoing monitoring and evaluation of health programs and policy
- Preventing, and providing a timely response to, potential public health incidents
- Leading the health workforce and clinical training strategy including building strong partnerships with key academic institutions and training providers
- Commissioning and managing multi-million dollar contracts for the provision of health services, including partnerships with community sector organisations, peak bodies and advocacy groups
- Managing a portfolio of infrastructure programs to ensure the ACT has world class, sustainable, fit for purpose clinical and patient care facilities
- Monitoring and enforcement of public health regulations, and
- Providing public health advice.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Business Administration, Finance or Accounting, Economics or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Finance and accounting experience
- Negotiating experience.
- Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
How to Apply:
For information on how to apply please visit the Health Website here
The closing date has been extended.
Career interest categories:
Business and Commercial Services
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services
Leaders and Senior Management