Director, Communicable Disease Control
Closes: 21 June 2019
Classification: Senior Officer Grade A
Position No: 29621
Directorate: ACT Health
Advertised (Gazettal date): 07 June 2019
Contact Officer: Irene Passaris on email@example.com or (02) 5124 9255
- Developing strategic policy and stewardship of the health system, including working with the Commonwealth on key health improvement initiatives.
- Managing demand for and supply of health services across the territory.
- Improving the health and wellbeing of the ACT population by promoting healthy behaviours and lifestyles and through ongoing monitoring and evaluation of health programs and policy.
- Preventing, and providing a timely response to, potential public health incidents.
- Leading the health workforce and clinical training strategy including building strong partnerships with key academic institutions and training providers,
- Commissioning and managing multi-million dollar contracts for the provision of health services, including partnerships with community sector organisations, peak bodies and advocacy groups,
- Managing a portfolio of infrastructure programs to ensure the ACT has world class, sustainable, fit for purpose clinical and patient care facilities,
- Monitoring and enforcement of public health regulations, and
- Providing public health advice.
- Management of the CDC Section, including management of staff and financial resources associated with the delivery of CDC functions
- Overseeing the implementation of CDC regulatory functions, including the development of standard operating procedures, guidelines and codes of practice
- Responding to media and briefing requests on CDC issues
- Representing CDC on the HPS Executive team meetings and liaising with other HPS units and other agencies on CDC matters
- Providing high level advice on CDC, immunisation and infection control issues to the Executive Director Health Protection Service and the Chief Health Officer
- Assisting with the management of responses to communicable disease outbreaks.
- Representing the ACT on relevant committees
- Tertiary qualifications in Public Health or a related discipline.
- Relevant qualifications or extensive experience in the management and implementation of public health programs including communicable disease surveillance, infection control and immunisation.
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via the Health website here.
This is a temporary position available for five months with possibility of extension.
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services
Leaders and Senior Management