Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Medical Imaging
Closes: 05 June 2020
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 3 Grade 1
Salary: $108,237 - $112,691 plus superannuation
Position No: 01291 - 01PPF
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 22 May 2020
Contact Officer: Leanne Muir on email@example.com or (02) 5124 4333
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
The Medical Imaging Department at CHS operates 24 hours, seven days a week, offering a wide range of imaging modalities. The service provides state of the art radiology, MRI, PET, interventional radiology, ultrasound and nuclear medicine services for patients in Canberra and the South East Region of NSW. We are committed to providing our patients with cost-effective, easily accessible subspecialty expertise along with a strong commitment to research and training in advancing the use of imaging for the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
The Medical Imaging Department is part of the CHS Medical Services Group, which also includes ACT Pathology, CHS Pharmacy, Healthcare Technology Management, the Physician Training Office, the Medical Officer Support, Credentialing, Employment and Training Unit (MOSCETU), the GP Liaison Unit (GPLU) and the CHS Library.
The Medical Imaging Clinical Nurse Coordinator has direct line responsibility for all operational Nursing practice in all Medical Imaging modalities (with the exception of the Angiography Suite). The Medical Imaging Clinical Nurse Coordinator is responsible, amongst other duties, for staff oversight, patient flow, internal and external stakeholder liaison, contingency management and, in consultation with the Medical Imaging Assistant Director of Nursing, the strategic development of Medical Imaging Nursing.
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A post-graduate qualification in medical imaging nursing and/or acute care nursing.
- Experience in the specialty area of Medical Imaging Nursing and/or acute care.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services