Training and Development Manager
Closes: 05 June 2020
Classification: Technical Officer Level 3
Salary: $73,794 - $83,600 plus superannuation
Position No: 11741 - 01PVW
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 22 May 2020
Contact Officer: Natalie Ogilvie on Natalie.Ogilvie@act.gov.au or (02) 5124 2283
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
The Infrastructure and Health Support Services Division is responsible for facilities and asset management, delivery of capital and minor projects, and infrastructure services, support and operations. The Sterilising Services section is embedded within this Division.
Sterilising Services (SS) provides sterilising services to Canberra Hospital (CH), Calvary Public Hospital Bruce (CPHB) and some private clinics within the ACT and surrounding areas of NSW by cleaning, disinfecting and sterilising of Reusable Medical Devices (RMD). SS provides reprocessing of RMD, purchasing, instrument repairs and maintenance.
SS is organised into the following functional areas:
- SS at Mitchell, including management and administration
- Sterilising Unit at CH
- Sterilising Unit at CPHB
- Central Reprocessing Unit (CRU) at Gastroenterology and Hepatology at CH
- Certificate III in Sterilising
- Certificate IV training and assessment.
- Adept in the use of Microsoft Office and IT support systems.
- Experience in working with healthcare setting
- Current driver’s licence
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services