Closes: 30 March 2020
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 3
Salary: $64,230 - $69,125 plus superannuation
Position No: 12232 - 01OVT
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 16 March 2020
Contact Officer: Melissa Devries on
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
The Office of the Director of Medical Services (DMS) includes the Physician Training Office, Medical Officer Support, Credentialing, Employment and Training Unit (MOSCETU), GP Liaison Unit (GPLU), Pathology, Pharmacy, Medical Imaging and Library Services.
Medical Imaging provides state of the art diagnostic imaging, interventional radiology and nuclear medicine services for patients in Canberra and the South East Region of NSW. The service is committed to providing our patients with cost-effective, easily accessible subspecialty expertise along with a strong commitment to research and training in advancing the use if imaging for the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
This role will be required to coordinate Medical Imaging bookings and to manage and maintain the waiting lists. There will be a level of degree to liaise with consumers, internal and external stakeholders to provide a high level of care to our patients.
To be successful in this position, it is expected that the successful candidate will have a: strong work ethic and ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment; commitment to achieving positive results for the Department; and ability to apply judgement, critical thinking and common sense.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services