Closes: 25 November 2019
Classification: Allied Health Assistant 2
Salary: $52,820 - $58,807 (up to $60,556 depending on qualification level)
Position No: 32767, several expected vacancies - 01MR0
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 07 November 2019
Contact Officer: Juliana Symonds on
(02) 5124 1362
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
Rehabilitation, Aged and Community Care (RACC) is a vibrant and diverse Division within Canberra Health Services providing multidisciplinary rehab, aged and community based care across a range of settings. This includes Canberra Hospital, Community Health Centres, Village Creek Centre in Kambah, and Independent Living Centre in Weston. Our staff are committed to the delivery of health services that reflect ACT Health’s values: care, excellence, collaboration and integrity.
Planning is well underway to establish the ACT’s first sub-acute rehabilitation hospital on the grounds of the University of Canberra. This new hospital, the University of Canberra Public Hospital (UCPH) is part of Canberra Health Service’s planned network of health facilities designed to meet the needs of our ageing and growing population.
A number of RACC services work collaboratively with the individuals, his/her carers and other services within and external to CHS.
Community Care Physiotherapy services are offered from community health centres and in patient homes across the ACT. The service offers assessment and interventions relating to musculoskeletal pain, acute soft tissue injury, post treatment fractures, dislocations and post orthopaedic surgery.
A limited home visiting domiciliary service is available for patients who are physically/ medically home bound.
Community Care Physiotherapy provides services for Commonwealth Home Support Program clientele.
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) or recognized equivalent
- Current Driver licence.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check,
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
- Comply with CHS credentialing requirements for allied health. If practicing clinically (providing direct clinical care to patients or supervising staff providing direct clinical care to patients) as an allied health professional in any capacity at any time in CHS facilities, the person occupying this position will be required to comply with CHS credentialing requirements for allied health professionals. Initial credentialing is completed following a pre-offer for a position, prior to any offer of employment being made.
These are expected vacancies. There may be several permanent and temporary including full time, part time and casual positions available from this process.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services