Closes: 16 December 2019
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 2
Salary: $93,151 - $98,728
Position No: 13372, several - 01N36
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 02 December 2019
Contact Officer: Susan Langdon on
(02) 5124 3396
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
* The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
* University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
* Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
* Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
* A range of community based health services including early childhood services, youth and women’s health, dental health, mental health and alcohol and drug services.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
The division of Cancer and Ambulatory Support provides a comprehensive range of cancer screening, assessment, diagnostic and treatment services and palliative care through inpatient, outpatient and community settings.
14B is a 22 bed haematology, medical and radiation oncology ward incorporating all patients from diagnosis to end of life care. We have a strong core staff and would like to expand this with committed, compassionate and dedicated staff that can retain their humour and fun side in a very acute setting. The Registered Nurse Level 2 provides a coordinated approach to patient’s assessment and planning and delivery of care for complex Haematological diagnosis. The Registered Nurse Level 2 will be credentialed in chemotherapy administration and education.
Under broad direction, you will play a key role in providing day to day recruitment, human resource and contract management across CHS. The successful applicant will be proactive, flexible, adaptive and comfortable with a changing working environment.
- Be registered or have applied for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A current Antineoplastic Drug Administration Course (ADAC) certificate is highly desirable
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
This is a permanent position, fulltime or part time will be considered. Shift work on a rotating roster including night duty.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services