Clinical Nurse Consultant Neurosurgery
Closes: 30 March 2020
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 3.2
Salary: $122,360 plus superannuation
Position No: 25636
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 16 March 2020
Contact Officer: Jeanine Young on Jeanine.Young@act.gov.au or 02 5124 3375
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Seven community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services
- responsible for the day to day operational management of services within the ward including the management of nursing workloads/ models of care and patient flow both internal and external to the ward,
- to provide expert clinical leadership and management within a nursing and multidisciplinary team,
- to embed and maintain the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (NSQHSS) at a ward level,
- to develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate timely and appropriate patient flow.
- Registered or is eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Post graduate qualification in or working towards a higher degree in Health Services Management.
- undergo a pre-employment Police check,
- obtain a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening & vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services