Closes: 16 December 2019
Classification: Health Professional Level 4
Salary: $106,043 - $114,146
Position No: 18678 - 01MUI
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 04 December 2019
Contact Officer: Noel Priest on
(02) 5124 8063
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position:
The Workplace Safety Unit provides strategic leadership, advice and effective coordination and implementation of Work Health Safety (WHS) management strategies, frameworks and activities. The unit provides WHS advisory and support services and oversees the implementation of systems and processes that assist Canberra Health Service to become a safe and accountable healthcare environment.
The Early Intervention Physiotherapy (EIP) position is based within Workplace Safety. There are two physiotherapists in the team who provide injury prevention and management services to staff within CHS and ACT Health Directorate. This is a stimulating and challenging role utilising expertise drawn from multiple disciplines including Physiotherapy, Work Health and Safety, Ergonomics, Exercise Prescription and Education. Applicants should be experienced and highly capable in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy and at least one other discipline mentioned above. This position would suit an experienced Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist who is enthusiastic about this unique opportunity to take clinical physiotherapy beyond the clinic and into the workplace for advanced problem solving to enhance clinical outcomes.
- An appropriate Degree or Diploma in Physiotherapy, and eligibility for Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA) Registration.
- Minimum five years post-graduate musculoskeletal experience.
- Post Graduate Qualifications in relevant area.
- Current driver’s licence
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services