Administration Support and Personal Assistant to the Director of Nursing and Midwifery-Women Youth and Children
Closes: 28 May 2020
Classification: Administrative Service Officer Class 4
Salary: $71,309 - $77,212 plus superannuation
Position No: 21301 - 01PKC
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 20 May 2020
Contact Officer: Mitchel Green on email@example.com or (02) 5124 2776
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
The Centenary Hospital for Women and Children (CHWC) is a tertiary centre providing specialised paediatric and neonatology services for the ACT and surrounding regional areas. This position is responsible for the provision of high level administrative support to the Director of Nursing and Midwifery as well at the Assistant Directors of Nursing and Midwifery, and other related administrative duties such as preparing a range of correspondence, diary and inbox management, providing secretariat support to committees, assisting with human resource and financial management functions, research and initiating action to ensure the timely response to requests.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Previous experience using HP Records Manager 8 (aka. TRIM).
- Previous experience working in the health sector.
Note: This is an expected vacancy. This position is based at the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services