Closes: 02 December 2019
Classification: Pharmacist Level 5
Salary: $124,891 - $140,596
Position No: 21791 - 01MP5
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 01 November 2019
Contact Officer: Daniel Lalor on
(02) 5124 2121
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
· The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
· University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
· Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
· Seven community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
· A range of community-based health services including early childhood services, youth and women’s health, dental health, mental health and alcohol and drug services.
Overview of the work area and position:
The Office of the Executive Director of Medical Services (EDMS) includes the Physician Training Office, Medical Officer Support, Credentialing, Employment and Training Unit (MOSCETU), GP Liaison Unit (GPLU), Pathology, Pharmacy, Medical Imaging and Library Services.
The Canberra Health Services (CHS) Pharmacy Department have a dynamic, talented team of approximately 100 staff, including: pharmacists, technicians, administration staff and a clinical nurse educator. The department provides a range of clinical services to inpatients and outpatients including a number of specialised services.
The department provides a range of clinical services to inpatients and outpatients including a number of specialised services. Under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy, the Deputy Director of Pharmacy- Quality Use of Medicines, Research and Education (QuRE) will lead and manage a team of dedicated and skilled staff to provide an outward looking service that aims to improve patient outcomes across Canberra Health Services.
The QuRE team provides support to a number of work areas including:
· Medication Safety and Quality
· Medicines Information
· Investigational Medicines
· Antimicrobial Stewardship
· Clinical Information Systems
· Formulary Management
This position works closely with the Deputy Director of Pharmacy- Operations and Support and Deputy Director of Pharmacy- Clinical, and will assume the responsibilities of the Director of Pharmacy when required. It also includes a range of pharmacy services on weekends and after hours as rostered.
- Appropriate Pharmacist qualifications and eligibility for registration as a Pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in management, research, clinical pharmacy and/or education.
- Publication in peer reviewed journals.
- SHPA Membership.
- At least seven years’ experience working in hospital pharmacy across a wide variety of areas.
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Comply with CHS credentialing and scope of clinical practice requirements for allied health professionals.
- Obtain a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
Note: Ability to work across multiple CHS sites.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services