Closes: 03 December 2019
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 1
Salary: $67,078 - $89,604
Position No: 22206, Several - 01MNF
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 01 November 2019
Contact Officer: Lori Grlj on
(02) 6142 6352
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley. CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
The Department of Neonatology is the only tertiary level 5-6 neonatal unit in the ACT and surrounding NSW. It includes Intensive Care, Special Care, ACT NETS retrieval service, Newborn and Parent Support Service and NICU Growth and Development Clinic. NICU and SCN have 29 funded beds with the growth capacity of 34 beds. There are approximately 3,800 births per year in CHWC, and 700 neonatal admissions to the Unit. The facility offers individualized family centred care in a developmentally appropriate and technologically state-of-the-art environment. Positions are available across both NICU and SCN for skilled staff with greater than 3 years’ experience in neonatology. Permanent and temporary positions are available both full and part time. You will be supported in the unit to attend at staff education days including CPAP and Breast Friendly Feeding as well receive support from the Neonatal Education team of Clinical Development Nurses and Clinical Support Nurse (CSN).
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Greater than three years recent experience in Neonatal Nursing in either NICU and/or SCN
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in Neonatal or Child Health Nursing
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
There are permanent and temporary positions available for up to 12 months with possibility of extension.
How to Apply
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services