Closes: 09 April 2020
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 2
Salary: $94,409 - $100,061 plus superannuation
Position No: 22211 - 01P3O
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 26 March 2020
Contact Officer: Divya Seethilal on
(02) 5124 2364
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley. CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
Ward 10A – General Surgical and Ophthalmology, is a 28 bed inpatient unit delivering patient centred care and focus on the management of patients who have had abdominal surgery and require stoma care. Ward 10A is also responsible for the safe patient centred care to trauma patients.
Ward 10A has a great team of nurses who strive to provide positive outcomes for patients through the utilisation of the Team Nursing model.
The Registered Nurse Level 2 is expected to have a demonstrated competence in advanced nursing practice and provide guidance to less experienced nursing staff and students.
The Registered Nurse Level 2 is seen by the Organisation as a source of expert nursing knowledge, skills and attributes. The Registered Nurse Level 2 must demonstrate a higher level of skill and the ability to perform a more demanding role covering the domains; clinical care, leadership, education, safety and communication.
- Registered or eligible to register as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Three years full time post registration in Nursing,
- Experience and demonstrated competence (knowledge, skills and attitude) within the specialities of General Surgery and Ophthalmology nursing.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
How to Apply
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services