Cardiac Catheter Laboratory Registered Nurse
Closes: 28 January 2021
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 1
Salary: $67,984 - $90,814 plus superannuation
Position No: 24410, several - 01TL0
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 14 January 2021
Contact Officer: Alison Baldwin on email@example.com or (02) 5124 3691
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position:
The Cardiac Catheter Laboratory is a clinical specialty area that undertakes a range of diagnostic and interventional cardiac procedures. Canberra Hospital has two laboratories staffed and equipped to provide a 24-hour service to assist in the diagnosis and early intervention of patients with acute cardiac conditions. The Cardiac Catheter Laboratory also includes a Day Procedure Unit. Normal operational service is Monday to Friday with on-call coverage for STEMI activation outside of those hours. Services in Cardiac Electrophysiology have recently commenced in the Cardiac Catheter Laboratory.
Registered Nurses have a key role in caring for patients admitted to the Cardiac Catheter Laboratory as members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Registered or eligible to register as a Registered Nurse with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Post registration experience in acute and/or cardiac care.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
- Comply with Canberra Health Services Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy (OMU).
There are two positions available, one is permanent full-time, and one is temporary full-time available for six to 12 months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency. Part-time hours will be considered.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services