Registered Nurse, Specialist Youth Mental Health Outreach
Closes: 09 June 2020
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 2
Salary: $94,409 - $100,061 plus superannuation
Position No: 27146 - 01PVA
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 22 May 2020
Contact Officer: Laura Dawel on email@example.com or (02) 5124 2975
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Mental Health, Justice Health, Alcohol and Drug Services provide a range of health services from prevention and treatment through to recovery and maintenance at a number of locations and in varied environments for people suffering from mental health issues.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Seven community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position:
Mental Health, Justice Health, Alcohol and Drug Services (MHJHADS) provide health services directly and through partnerships with community organisations. The services provided range from prevention and treatment to recovery, maintenance and harm minimisation. Consumer and carer participation is encouraged in all aspects of service planning and delivery. The Division works in partnership with consumers, carers and a range of government and non-government service providers to ensure the best possible outcomes for clients.
The Division delivers services at a number of locations, including hospital inpatient and outpatient settings, community health centres, detention centres, other community settings including peoples’ homes. These services include:
- Rehabilitation and Speciality Services
- Adult Community Mental Health Services (ACMHS)
- Adult Acute Mental Health Services (AAMHS)
- Alcohol and Drug Services (ADS)
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Justice Health Services (JHS)
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) provides assessment and treatment for children and young people who are experiencing moderate to severe mental health issues.
The Registered Nurse position will work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary assertive outreach team to provide assessment and therapeutic intervention to young people aged 14-25 experiencing early psychosis or at ultra-high risk of developing psychosis.
The role will also require the team member to undertake professional development and supervision, participate in quality initiatives and contribute to the multidisciplinary team processes.
- Tertiary qualifications in Nursing.
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Must hold a current driver’s licence.
- Experience in mental health,
- Experience working with young people.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
This is a permanent position. Selection may be based on written application and referee reports only. An order of merit list may be established to fill future vacancies at level over the next 12 months.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services