Closes: 17 July 2019
Classification: Health Professional Level 2
Salary: $65,216 - $89,528
Position No: 28615, several - 01KF3
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 04 July 2019
Contact Officer: Hameda Lane on
(02) 5124 2121
Canberra Health Services is a values-led Directorate. Our values guide our day-to-day actions, behaviours, decisions and communications to successfully deliver the best services to meet the needs of our community. They were developed by us, for us and are unique to our work. Canberra Health Services is committed to the delivery of person and family centred, safe and high quality care in a sustainable health system. This will be achieved with key strategic priorities for Canberra Hospital and Health Services (CHHS) which includes ensuring the delivery of Canberra Health Services Quality Strategy and government priorities aligning them with Canberra Health Services Territory Wide Services Framework.
CHHS provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community-based health services to the ACT and surrounding region.
The key strategic priority for acute services is to deliver timely access to effective and safe hospital care services. The hospital delivers a full range of medical, surgical and obstetric services, including complex procedures in areas such as cardiac surgery, neurosurgery and neonatal intensive care.
Strong links exist between hospital and community-based services, as many of the operational divisions deliver services across the continuum of care to ensure continuity of care for patients. The community based services of Canberra Health Services include Early Childhood, Youth and Women’s Health; Dental Services, Rehabilitation and Community Care; Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services. In addition, Justice Health Services are provided within the Territory’s detention facilities.
Canberra Health Servicesis a partner in teaching with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University.
The Clinical Support Services (CSS) division provides support services across the clinical divisions within Canberra Hospital and Healthcare Services. CSS encompasses a mix of disciplines, including:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Acute Support Services
- Medical Physics and Radiation Engineering
- Nursing Operational Support
Overview of the work area and position
(CHHS Pharmacy Department have a dynamic, talented team of approximately 100 staff, including: pharmacists, technicians and administration staff. The department provides a range of clinical services to inpatients and outpatients including a number of specialised services.
The pharmacy team charter is “Our competent and professional team will provide a contemporary and forward thinking pharmacy service that gives the best patient focused care possible and is valued by the Canberra Health Servicescommunity”
Under the broad direction of the Lead Pharmacists and Deputy Director of Pharmacy (Clinical), the Pharmacist will work closely with a team of dedicated and skilled technicians and pharmacists to deliver a safe, efficacious and patient centred service. The responsibility of this position is to provide clinical and operational pharmacy services across CHHS which may include off site facilities.
- Be registered (or be eligible for registration) as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Post-registration experience of working within the hospital pharmacy setting.
- The Society of Hospital Pharmacist of Australia (SHPA) membership.
- Completion of the SHPA Foundation Residency Program
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Current driver’s licence.
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Comply with Canberra Health Services credentialing for Allied Health professionals. If practicing clinically (providing direct clinical care to patients or supervising staff providing direct clinical care to patients) as an allied health professional in any capacity at any time in Canberra Health Services facilities, the person occupying this position will be required to comply with Canberra Health Services credentialing requirements for allied health professionals. Initial credentialing is completed following a pre-offer for a position, prior to any appointment being made.
- Provide a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
The position holder will also integrate into the CHHS Pharmacy team and will provide a range of pharmacy services on a rostered basis during business hours and after hours, including on call.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services