Closes: 30 June 2020
Classification: Pharmacist Level 2/3
Salary: $77,356 - $93,488
Position No: 32148, several - 01MWX
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 12 November 2019
Contact Officer: Hameda Lane on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 5124 2121
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400, 000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Seven community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including early childhood services, youth and women’s health, dental health, mental health and alcohol and drug services.
Overview of the work area and position
The Pharmacy sits within the Office of the Executive Director of Medical Services (EDMS) which includes the Physician Training Office, Medical Officer Support, Credentialing, Employment and Training Unit (MOSCETU), GP Liaison Unit (GPLU), Pathology, Pharmacy, Medical Imaging and Library Services.
The Canberra Health Services (CHS) Pharmacy Department have a dynamic, talented team of approximately 100 staff, including: pharmacists, technicians and administration staff. The department provides a range of clinical services to inpatients and outpatients including a number of specialised services. The department provides a range of clinical services to inpatients and outpatients including a number of specialised services.
The pharmacy team charter is “Our competent and professional team will provide a contemporary and forward thinking pharmacy service that gives the best patient focused care possible and is valued by the ACT health community”.
- Be registered (or be eligible for registration) as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Post-registration experience of working within the hospital pharmacy setting.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 12 months paid work experience, post-qualification, in a related/relevant organisation/service.
- The Society of Hospital Pharmacist of Australia (SHPA) membership.
- Completion of the SHPA Foundation Residency Program
- Current driver’s licence.
Prior to commencement successful candidates may be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
- Comply with CHS credentialing requirements for allied health. If practising clinically (providing direct clinical care to patients or supervising staff providing direct clinical care to patients) as an allied health professional in any capacity at any time in CHS facilities, the person occupying this position will be required to comply with CHS credentialing requirements for allied health professionals. Initial credentialing is completed following a pre-offer for a position, prior to any offer of employment being made.
- Provide a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
Note: There are several temporary and permanent positions available within the pharmacy. Full time and part time hours will be considered and the full time salary noted above will be paid pro rata. Please submit your application at your earliest convenience. For an informal chat or for further information about the position please don’t hesitate to contact the Contact Officer. This position could involve working across multiple CHS sites.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services