Closes: 01 August 2019
Classification: Pharmacist Level 1
Salary: $69,410 - $80,129
Position No: 32149, several - 01L8T
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 12 July 2019
Contact Officer: Hameda Lane on
(02) 5124 2121
Canberra Health Services
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
The Office of the Executive Director of Medical Services (EDMS) includes the Physician Training Office, Medical Officer Support, Credentialing, Employment and Training Unit (MOSCETU), GP Liaison Unit (GPLU), Pathology, Pharmacy, Medical Imaging and Library Services.
The Canberra Health Services (CHS) Pharmacy Department have a dynamic, talented team of approximately 100 staff, including: pharmacists, technicians and administration staff. The department provides a range of clinical services to inpatients and outpatients including a number of specialised services.
Under the broad direction of the Senior Pharmacists and Deputy Directors of Pharmacy, the Pharmacist will work closely with a team of dedicated and skilled technicians and pharmacists to deliver a safe, efficacious and patient centred service. The responsibility of this position is to provide clinical and operational pharmacy services across CHS which may include off site facilities, integrating into the CHS Pharmacy team providing a range of pharmacy services.
The department offers a structured and supported learning environment covering core clinical topics for early career pharmacists to ensure broad exposure to clinical case examples and clinical topics. This will help to prepare pharmacists for future roles and advancing their practice. The program also supports pharmacists entering hospital pharmacy practice from other pharmacy environments.
- Be registered (or be eligible for registration) as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- The Society of Hospital Pharmacist of Australia (SHPA) membership.
- Experience of working in hospital pharmacy.
Please note prior to commencement successful candidates may be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
- Comply with ACT Health credentialing for Allied Health professionals.
- Provide a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services