Nurse Practitioner Walk in Centres
Closes: 20 April 2020
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 4.2
Salary: $131,034 plus superannuation
Position No: 33354, several - 01OVG
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 25 March 2020
Contact Officer: Cassandra Beaumont on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 5124 8546
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent as a Nurse Practitioner and eligibility for membership of appropriate professional organisations
- Ability to work across all ACT Walk in Centres.
- It is mandatory for all Nurse Practitioners to be granted with their Scope of Clinical Practice and Credentialing through the CHS Nursing and Midwifery Clinical Scope of Practice and Credentialing Committee prior to employment.
- Extensive clinical experience in primary health care or within a Walk-in Centre or relevant acute and/or primary care area.
- Tertiary level qualification OR Post Graduate course work or study.
- Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services