Advanced Practice Nurse Plastics
Closes: 04 June 2020
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 3.1
Salary: $108,237 - $112,691 plus superannuation
Position No: 36728 - 01PI2
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 21 May 2020
Contact Officer: Rosemary Rummery on Rosemary.Rummery@act.gov.au or (02) 5124 4019 or 0468 595 585
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
The Central Outpatients Department provides clinical and administrative support for specialist outpatient services. The Outpatients Plastics Service is a tertiary level service providing trauma and pre and post-operative assessment, review and treatment of a range of plastic surgery related conditions in the outpatient setting. The service is provided by Visiting Medical Officers supported by registrars and junior doctors. The service is a high volume, high demand service.
This position will work collaboratively with the medical team and relevant allied health personnel to provide an efficient and effective outpatient plastics service. The role will develop and implement pathways for outpatient plastics care including specific advanced nursing care, provide nurse led care and assist in the overall running of the service.
- Be registered or have applied for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regular Agency (AHPRA)
- Post graduate qualifications in advanced nursing in plastics, wound care or a relevant field.
- Project Management qualifications or experience or desire to gain knowledge in supporting clinical operations.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services