Closes: 25 June 2019
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 2
Salary: $55,189 - $60,941
Position No: 37798 - 01K48
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 11 June 2019
Contact Officer: Andrew Barrow on
(02) 5124 2063
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focused on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400, 000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Three Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including early childhood services, youth and women’s health, dental health, mental health and alcohol and drug services.
Canberra Health Services is a partner in teaching with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University.
Overview of the work area and position
Canberra Health Services Division of Medicine provides a range of medical specialties and allied health services. A strong emphasis is placed across all sections on accessible and timely care, delivered to a high standard of safety and quality. This is underpinned by the Division’s commitment to research and training. The Division works in partnership with professional colleagues, consumers, and a range of government and non-government service providers to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients.
The Canberra Sexual Health Centre (CSHC) is a free service and Canberra's leading clinic for the testing and treatment of sexually transmissible infections. As a specialist clinic, it provides confidential and high quality professional and non-judgemental care, giving the community access to the latest information, advice and treatments.
Under general direction this position provides administrative support to the CSHC and staff, including development and documentation of processes, forms and databases and processing paperwork for enrolled patients, record keeping and booking patient appointments.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
This position is part-time at 14:42 hours (three days) per week and the full-time salary noted above will be pro-rata.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via the Health website here.
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services