Closes: 16 April 2020
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 1
Salary: $67,984 - $90,814 plus superannuation
Position No: 39885, several - 01PAJ
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 24 March 2020
Contact Officer: Amanda McCarthy on
(02) 5124 2756
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
The Division of Critical Care provides comprehensive services to patients requiring critical care treatments and includes the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Emergency Department (ED), Medical Emergency Team (MET) and the medical outreach team, Early Recognition of the Deteriorating Patient (ERDP) program, Trauma Services, the Capital Region Retrieval Service (CRRS) and the Research and Service Development Unit.
The Clinical Development Nurse is a challenging role that requires an RN with demonstrated expert knowledge and highly developed interpersonal skills, to undertake the responsibility of teaching and supporting nursing staff including new graduates, undergraduate and postgraduate student nurses in the workplace. This position entails being approachable, demonstrating excellent communication skill, having a passion for sharing knowledge and educating others.
The Intensive Care Unit has 31 beds and is a level 3 Territory Referral Centre, which admits over 1900 patients a year. The Intensive Care Unit has unlimited accreditation with the College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand for training in intensive care and has advanced trainees providing after hours cover. The Intensive Care Unit is a core member of ANZICS. The unit satisfies College requirements for training in Neurosurgery, Cardiothoracic care and Trauma. The unit participates in local, national and international multi-disciplinary and multi-centre research, and has a strong commitment to teaching.
- Registered or eligible to register as a Registered Nurse with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Previous experience in the critical care environment.
- Post graduate qualification in Critical Care Nursing
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
There are several permanent and temporary full-time and part-time positions. The successful applicants will be required to work on a rotating roster including morning, evening and, night shift.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
There are several permanent and temporary full-time and part-time positions.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services