Closes: 09 April 2020
Classification: Senior Officer Grade A
Salary: $147,006 plus superannuation
Position No: 42873 - 01P1V
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 26 March 2020
Contact Officer: Janine Hammat on
(02) 5124 9631
Details: Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400, 000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services. Overview of the work area and position
Overview of the work area and position
The Senior Director, Workforce, Strategy and Planning will work closely with executive and management teams to deliver operational implementation of human resource strategies relating to a diverse range of human resource and industrial relation functions across the Canberra Health Services to achieve a sustainable, engaged and high performing workforce.
Working as a member of the People and Culture Executive, the Senior Director, Workforce, Strategy and Planning will lead a team of HR Professionals to deliver strategically aligned workforce solutions in areas including change management, diversity and inclusion, learning and development, industrial and employee relations, pay and benefits, rewards and recruitment.
As a key leader within the People and Culture Branch, Senior Director, Workforce, Strategy and Planning will collaborate with leaders across CHS to drive an agency wide positive workplace culture focused on performance.
This position plays a critical role planning and designing clinical and non-clinical workforce needs to provide an integrated and client focused delivery of healthcare. Critical to the success of the workforce planning team is the ability to balance the need for consistency, and the importance of local, responsive and flexible approaches to workforce planning, while considering all internal and external impacts on the workforce and the organisation.
In addition, this position assists the Executive Group Manager, People and Culture with the development and implementation of strategic initiatives across the organisation. This position will work directly to the Executive Group Manager, People and Culture and will be required in some instances to represent the Executive Group Manager at executive level meetings and coordinate communication of critical information to members of the People and
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in workforce planning and/or healthcare management or Human Resource Management.
- Knowledge of complex health workforce
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services