Closes: 16 December 2019
Classification: Senior Officer Grade C
Salary: $106,043 - $114,146
Position No: 43856, several - 01NB3
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 03 December 2019
Contact Officer: Michael Phipps on
(02) 5124 9368
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley. CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Seven community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
The CHS Business Intelligence Unit (BIU), aims to be a centre of excellence for provision of key operational and strategic support information throughout CHS Directorate. The unit reports through to the CHS Chief Finance Officer (CFO) under the Operational Reporting Division directly though to the CHS Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Overview of the work area and position:
The CHS Operational Performance branch has been established to implement a management approach within the CHS Directorate that supports how CHS plans, budgets, allocates and manages both activity and financial resources to deliver safe and high-quality health service for the ACT Community. This position is a senior role reporting to the Manager of CHS BIU and is primarily responsible for supporting the manager and senior manager on the development of operational performance dashboards both for reporting and analysis including the ability to undertake predictive modelling and forecasting to address future demand growth. The position will ensure that activity is optimised in order to deliver the best possible of care to patients, and the best possible results when comparing the hospitals performance) financial and non‑financial) to other jurisdictions. This position will also drive the continuous review of performance, and continuous performance improvement by engaging clinicians and teams in relation to all aspects of performance and Activity Based Management (ABM).
- Tertiary qualifications (or equivalent) in a relevant field.
- Previous experience and knowledge in applying ABM principles and a strong understanding of hospital related activity data.
- Experience in undertaking analysis of clinical data.
- Previous demonstrated experience in utilising Microsoft SQL and other related tools such as Power BI to extract, analyse and build reports/dashboards.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
How to Apply
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services