Closes: 25 June 2019
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 2
Salary: $55,189 - $60,941
Position No: 44198 - 01K7B
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 11 June 2019
Contact Officer: John Kilday on
(02) 5124 8033
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focused on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Three Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Canberra Health Services is a partner in teaching with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University. At CHS we are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment we strongly encourage people from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background, or People with Disability, to apply for all positions.
CHS is a smoke free environment, across all buildings, grounds and vehicles.
CHS offers highly competitive pay rates and excellent employment conditions. Please see our Enterprise Agreements for more information and other great benefits you will receive as an ACT Government employee.
Infrastructure and Health Support Services is responsible for managing a large and diverse portfolio, services include:
- Project delivery
- Repairs and maintenance
- Asset Management
- Accommodation and leasing
- Fire safety and emergency response
- Food services
- Parking operations
- Contract management
- Logistic support services
Overview of the work area and position
Facilities Management (FM) is located at level 1, Building 1, the Canberra Hospital, Garran, Canberra. FM are responsible for facilities management services across all Canberra Health Services properties (Acute and Non-Acute), buildings, plant and non-clinical equipment. These services include high quality and timely planned and reactive maintenance and technical trade skill repairs.
The Call Centre administration role will be responsible for receiving inbound calls in relation to customer services which includes work requests, enquiries, quote requests and problem solving. The call centre will manage all requests that come through to the Facilities Management office from the various stakeholders and triage accordingly.
- Demonstrated experience working within a Hospital and Healthcare environment.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
How to Apply:
Applicants must apply online via the Health website here
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services