Closes: 27 June 2019
Classification: Senior Officer Grade C
Salary: $104,630 - $112,626
Position No: 44248
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 11 June 2019
Contact Officer: Steven Linton on
(02) 5124 9599
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Three Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
The People and Culture Branch is responsible for providing strategic leadership and operational implementation of human resource strategies relating to a diverse range of human resource and industrial relations functions across Canberra Health Services.
Working closely with other Canberra Health Services Division’s the People and Culture portfolio delivers strategically-aligned workforce solutions in areas including change management, diversity and inclusion, learning and development, industrial and employee relations, pay and benefits, rewards and recruitment.
The Branch also plans, designs, communicates and monitors Canberra Health Services Workforce Strategy with a focus on building organisation and change management capability, and providing workforce data to support strategic decision-making to enable Canberra Health Services to deliver on its strategic agenda. Quality expert advice and support is provided through the People Strategy and Services integrated teams.
Canberra Health Services People and Culture are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Human Resources (HR) practitioner. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing advice and assistance to Managers and Executives about the employment framework and how to manage workplace issues primarily around preliminary assessment stage and under performance process. Provide advice and assistance to Managers and Executives on general HR matters.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via the Health website here.
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services
Human Resources and Industrial Relations
Leaders and Senior Management