Closes: 19 December 2019
Classification: Health Professional Level 1
Position No: 11092, several - 01NAR
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 03 December 2019
Contact Officer: Rebecca Phillips on
(02) 5124 1664
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Seven community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position:
Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol and Drug Services (MHJHADS) provide health services directly and through partnerships with community organisations. The services provided range from prevention and treatment to recovery, maintenance of wellbeing and harm minimisation. The participation of people accessing our services, their families and carers is encouraged in all aspects of service planning and delivery. The Division works in partnership with a range of government and non-government service providers to ensure the best possible outcomes for clients.
The Division delivers services at a number of locations, including hospital inpatient and outpatient settings, community health centres, detention centres, and other community settings including people’s homes. These services include:
* Adult Acute Mental Health Services
* Adult Community Mental Health Services
* Alcohol and Drug Services
* Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
* Dhulwa Mental Health Unit
* Justice Health Services, and
* Rehabilitation and Specialty Mental Health Services
An exciting opportunity exists for entry into the Occupational Therapy New Graduate Program for the Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol and Drug Services Division.
- Be registered or eligible for registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Comply with CHS credentialing requirements for allied health.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
These are temporary positions available for 12 months with a possibility of permanency. The pay rate will be $70,347. This position(s) may be required to participate in an overtime, on call, and/or rotation roster. This position(s) may be required to participate in an overtime, on call, and/or rotation roster. The role/s will provide a range of assessment and treatment services to assist people in the ACT that present with mental health concerns. The new graduate program will provide professional development and clinical supervision to support development of occupational therapy skills and professional identity.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
These are temporary positions available for 12 months with a possibility of permanency. The pay rate will be $70,347.
Career interest categories:
Graduates, trainees and apprentices
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services