Veteran Liaison Officer
Closes: 13 December 2019
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 2
Salary: $93,151 - $98,728
Position No: 11095 - 01NCG
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 29 November 2019
Contact Officer: Chris Mead on email@example.com or (02) 6204 3035
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Seven community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including early childhood services, youth and women’s health, dental health, mental health and alcohol and drug services.
Overview of the work area and position:
Rehabilitation, Aged and Community Care (RACS) is a vibrant and diverse Division within ACT Health providing multidisciplinary rehab, aged and community-based care across a range of settings. This includes Canberra Hospital, Community Health Centres, Village Creek Centre in Kambah.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced nurse to fill the position at the RN L2 level in the Veteran Liaison lounge caring and supporting Veteran in CHS and UCH.
To be a dynamic Registered Nurse with excellent communication and liaison skills is required to provide high level support consistently and competently to Veterans patients admitted to the Canberra Hospital or The University of Canberra Hospital.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a General Nurse with the ACT Nursing and Midwifery Board.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Obtain a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
Notes: This is a temporary position for 12 months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency. The successful candidates may be selected based on application and referee report only.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services