Forensic Nurse Examiner
Closes: 26 June 2019
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 2
Salary: $91,910 - $97,413
Position No: 16711, several - 01K9A
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 12 June 2019
Contact Officer: Marg McManus on email@example.com or (02) 5124 5164
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Three Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
- Forensic and Medical Sexual Assault Care (FAMSAC) providing forensic evidence collection and medical assessment to both male and female victims of assault.
- Clinical Forensics ACT (CFACT) providing triage and support services in the outreach settings of the Australian Federal Police custodial facilities.
- Nursing assessments within the outpatient clinic- Fitness to Drive Medical Clinic (FTDMC)
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A current driver’s licence.
- Must be able to meet the requirements to hold an AFP security clearance.
- Registered Nurse with a minimum five years post registration experience.
- Experience in Emergency Nursing and/or, Mental Health, Women’s Health, Sexual Health or Custodial Medicine highly desirable.
- Holds or is working towards a post graduate qualification.
- A willingness to undertake further study as a Forensic Nurse Examiner.
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via the Health website here.
There is a part-time and full-time position available, these positions are temporary for a six month period with a possibility of extension and or permanency.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services