Closes: 05 June 2020
Classification: Administration Service Officer 6
Salary: $85,394 - $97,732 plus superannuation
Position No: 17069 - 01PLH
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 22 May 2020
Contact Officer: Alison Lancaster on email@example.com or (02) 5124 2911
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
The Chronic Disease Management (CDM) is a multidisciplinary team within the Division of Medicine of Canberra Health Services (CHS). CDM is made up of the following teams:
- Chronic Disease Management Unit (CDMU), based at the Canberra Hospital
- Chronic Care Program (CCP), based at the Canberra Hospital
- Obesity Management Service (OMS), based at the Belconnen Community Health Centre.
The focus of CDM is on improving the management of patients with chronic disease, particularly chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart failure (HF), Parkinson’s disease (PD) and obesity, through effective caring teamwork. As well as delivering clinical care to these client groups, CDM undertakes audits, continuous quality improvement, research, management consulting and community development.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a field relating to health or project management and/or equivalent knowledge skills and experience.
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
This is a temporary part-time position available for a period of nine months with the possibility of extension at 18.38 hours per week. The full-time salary noted above will be pro-rata.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services