Closes: 09 July 2019
Classification: Enrolled Nurse Level 1
Salary: $60,027 - $64,133
Position No: 19194, several - 01K7A
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 11 June 2019
Contact Officer: Maxine Jordan on
(02) 5124 3382
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is a values lead service with a vision of “Creating exceptional health care together”. Our values guide our day to day actions, behaviours, decisions and communications to successfully deliver the best services to meet the needs of our community. Our vision and values were developed together by us, for us and are unique to our work.
CHS invites applications from Enrolled Nurse Graduates for the February, April and May 2020 Transition to Practice Program (TTPP).
CHS offers a 12 month, structured program that provides a supportive framework for enrolled nurses during their first year of clinical practice.
We are keen to receive applications from Nurses who are passionate about providing safe, quality, patient centred care and motivated by the organisational values of care, excellence, collaboration and integrity.
12 month contracts will be offered full-time or part-time to assist enrolled nurse graduates with transition into the workforce. This fantastic opportunity will provide participants with support and dynamic learning opportunities offered through the diversity of services available and structured professional development tailored for the graduate nurse. The 12 month program will incorporate at least two six month rotations through clinical areas or 12 months within a speciality.
- Completed/will complete a Diploma in Nursing between December 2018 and December 2019.
- Registered or eligible to register as an enrolled nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) prior to date of program commencement.
- A Permanent Resident of Australia or an Australian Citizen, or people in Australia with a valid visa that allows them to work at the time of application. This includes New Zealand citizens.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
These are temporary positions available for 12 months. Short listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview/assessment centre on September 9 or 10, 2019. At this time all elements of the application process will be considered including performance at interview. Phone interviews will not be available; to be considered for a position you must attend the assessment centre in person. Employment decisions will be based on written application, referee reports, satisfactory academic history and interview. Suitable candidates not offered positions in the first round may be offered positions at a later date as required by Canberra Health Services.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via the Health website here.
These are temporary positions available for 12 months.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services