Closes: 25 July 2019
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 1
Salary: $67,078 - $89,604
Position No: 19395 - 01KRZ
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 09 July 2019
Contact Officer: Lynelle Boisseau on
(02) 6174 7601
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Three Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position:
The ACT Diabetes Service provides acute and ambulatory outpatient services to consumers of the ACT and surrounding NSW region. The ACT Diabetes Service is a multidisciplinary team comprising medical, nursing and allied health professionals. The service provides a coordinated and integrated service between the Canberra Hospital and various community-based locations within the ACT. The service provides diabetes care and treatment across the continuum for pre-diabetes, children, adolescents and adults, women during pregnancy, Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
The ACT Diabetes Service team are responsible for providing education and management of people at risk of and who have diabetes within acute and community health care settings.
Under the direction of senior diabetes nurse educators, you will rotate across areas within the service. This position will provide an excellent foundation in diabetes education and will compliment nurses undertaking post graduate qualifications in diabetes education through an ADEA recognised tertiary course. The Registered Nurse Level 1 will be responsible professionally to the Level 2 Diabetes Educator in their area of work.
- Registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APRA) as a Registered Nurse,
- Must hold and maintain a current driver’s licence.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check,
- Obtain a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
This is a temporary position available for a period of six months and is non-ongoing. This position will require rotation between multiple sites operated by Canberra Health Services.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
This is a temporary position available for a period of six months and is non-ongoing.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services