Closes: 30 May 2019
Classification: Health Service Officer Level 7
Salary: $59,230 - $62,549
Position No: 21198 - 01J2C
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 16 May 2019
Contact Officer: Avnita Nand on
(02) 5124 3474
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focused on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400, 000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Three Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Canberra Health Services is a partner in teaching with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University.
Overview of the work area and position
Logistic Support Services is a section within Infrastructure and Health Support Services (I&HSS). The function of the Logistic Support Services includes Domestic and Environmental Services, Food Service, Sterilising Services, and Supply.
Supply Services provides clinical products to the Health Services in ACT, primarily being Canberra Hospital, as well as warehousing and distribution of the products.
The successful candidate will be required to work within Supply Services at Canberra Hospital.
The Supply Officer Supply Services is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Facilities Management (FM) Storeroom, including but not limited to the purchase and issue of maintenance consumable supplies, security, accounting, stocktaking and management of redundant and obsolete stock, in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Experience in a procurement, warehousing environment and relevant work experience highly desired.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
- The successful applicant may be required to be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
This is a temporary position available for nine months with the possibility of permanency.
How to Apply: Applicants must apply online via the Health website here.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services