Closes: 02 April 2020
Classification: Health Professional Level 4
Salary: $107,475 - $115,687 plus superannuation
Position No: 21734 - 01OYV
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 17 March 2020
Contact Officer: Tracey Farrar on
(02) 5124 7082
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position:
ACT Pathology is a division of the Canberra Health Services with laboratories located at both the Canberra Hospital and Calvary Hospital operating 24 hours, seven days a week all year round. Pathology provides diagnostic and consultative services to medical specialists and general practitioners and their patients in hospital and in the community.
Customer Services, ACT Pathology is responsible for the collection of pathology samples from patients within Canberra Hospital, University of Canberra Hospital, National Capital Private Hospital and Calvary Public Hospital and within the community through the outpatient collection centres and home visit service. The Customer Services Manager is responsible for the ongoing operations of the department ensuring service needs are met, providing a liaison with specialist and general practitioners within the community, ensuring quality downloading of results and producing current client information, ensuring website is up to date.
Under broad direction, you will play a key role in providing leadership, support and advice in a management support role, based on prior pathology experience, knowledge and understanding, to the office of the Executive Director (ED) and Director of Operations, Pathology.
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Science or Bachelor of Applied Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years’ experience managing a diverse team, preferably within a clinical pathology laboratory.
- Qualifications in human resource management.
- Experience with databases relating to hospital and pathology operations for example Laboratory Information Systems (Kestral), Billing Systems (PBRC) and Hospital Patient Information Systems (ACTPAS), with reference to pathology requests.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Comply with Canberra Health Services Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy.
This is a temporary position available for a period of six months with the possibility of extension. Selection may be based on written application only.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
This is a temporary position available for a period of six months with the possibility of extension.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services