Diabetes Advance Practice Nurse
Closes: 16 December 2019
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 3.1
Salary: $106,795 - $111,190
Position No: 22590 - 01MLA
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 29 November 2019
Contact Officer: Lynelle Boisseau on email@example.com or (02) 6174 7601
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our Community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley. CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position:
Canberra Health Services Division of Medicine provides a range of medical specialties and allied health services. A strong emphasis is placed across all sections on accessible and timely care, delivered to a high standard of safety and quality. This is underpinned by the Division’s commitment to research and training. The Division works in partnership with professional colleagues, consumers, and a range of government and non-government service providers to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients. The Diabetes Advanced Practice Nurse under the supervision of the Senior Diabetes Nurse will rotate across the Paediatric and Young Adolescent teams. This position will provide extensive knowledge and skills to support extension to practice and the development of therapeutic and evidence-based nursing interventions within these services. This role requires the ability to develop, implement and undertake new and innovative practices within legislative and professional boundaries within Paediatrics and Young Adolescents. The Diabetes Advanced Practice Nurse will be responsible professionally to the Senior Nurse Clinician of the Diabetes Service.
- Be registered as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA).
- Post-graduate certificate in Diabetes Education and is an Australian Diabetes Educators Association (ADEA) credentialed diabetes educator.
- Must hold and maintain a current driver’s licence.
- Previous experience providing diabetes care to children and adolescents.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Comply with Canberra Health Services Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
Note: This is a part-time temporary position available at 24 hours per week and the full-time salary noted above will be paid pro-rata. This position is for 12 months with the possibility of extension up to two years and/or permanency. This position may be required to participate in on call, and potentially work at multiple sites operated by Canberra Health Services.
How to Apply
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
This is a part-time temporary position available at 24 hours per week and the full-time salary noted above will be paid pro-rata. This position is for 12 months with the possibility of extension up to 2 years and/or permanency.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services