Closes: 25 July 2019
Classification: Health Professional Level 4
Salary: $106,043 - $114,146
Position No: 24823 - 01KQM
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 05 July 2019
Contact Officer: Dominic Furphy on
(02) 5124 1671
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focused on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Three Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position:
CHS is a partner in teaching with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University.
Rehabilitation, Aged and Community Services (RACS) is a vibrant and diverse Division within CHS providing multidisciplinary rehab, aged and community based care across a range of settings. This includes Canberra Hospital, Community Health Centres and the Village Creek Centre in Kambah. Our staff are committed to the delivery of health services that reflect CHS’s values: care, excellence, collaboration and integrity.
The University of Canberra Hospital (UCH), Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research is located on the grounds of the University of Canberra. The hospital, the ACT’s first sub-acute rehabilitation hospital, is part of CHS’s network of health facilities designed to meet the needs of our ageing and growing population.
RACS services work collaboratively with the individuals, his/her carers and other services within and external to CHS. CHS is a values-led Directorate.
This is a part-time role which provides high level leadership and consultancy in the field of health promotion and education. This role also supports the Community Care Program with program specific projects as required.
- Tertiary qualifications in a CHS recognised Allied Health discipline and eligibility for membership of the appropriate professional body, or unconditional Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Current unrestricted driver’s licence
Please note prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
- Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
- Comply with Canberra Health Services credentialing requirements for allied health professionals.
This is a temporary part-time position at 14:42 hours per week and is available for a period of five months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency and the full-time salary noted above will be paid pro rata. The position is physically based at the City Community Health Centre. An order of merit will be established for filling identical vacancies within the next 12 months from this process.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
This is a temporary part-time position at 14:42 hours per week and is available for a period of five months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services