Closes: 18 June 2019
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 2/3
Salary: $55,189 - $67,296
Position No: 25142, several - 01K0K
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 31 May 2019
Contact Officer: Isabel Massey on
(02) 5124 4228
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focused on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400, 000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Three Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Canberra Health Services is a partner in teaching with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University.
Overview of the work area and position
Client Services Security and Emergency is a section of Infrastructure Management and Maintenance.
Under general direction of the relevant business unit Manager/Supervisor, the Client Services Officer provides exceptional customer service, incorporating our core values, Care, Collaboration, Excellent and Integrity, for Client Services business units.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
These are temporary positions commencing on the 30 June 2019 until 30 June 2020 with the possibility of extension and/or permanency. The Client Service Officer is required to work shift work as some business units operate seven days a week with rotating shifts, including weekend work. New employees commence as an Administrative Service Officer Grade 2, then can apply to be assessed as competent to be paid as an Administrative Service Officer Grade 3 after 12 months full-time equivalent employment.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via the Health website here.
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services