Closes: 30 September 2020
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 1
Salary: $67,078 - $89,604
Position No: 25585 - 01LN3
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 01 November 2019
Contact Officer: Jenny Hegarty on
(02) 5124 2915
Canberra Health Services
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400, 000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
The Nursing and Midwifery Resource Office (MRMO) working within the Division Nursing and Midwifery and Patient Support Services provides recruitment opportunities for Registered Nurses with experience across the following areas: Medical, Surgical, Critical Care, Mental Health, Oncology, Perioperative, Midwifery and Paediatrics and Acute and Subacute Aged Care and Rehabilitation.
A supportive and comprehensive orientation period is provided with ongoing training and education through the Staff Development Unit (SDU), Clinical Development Nurse (CDN) support. Positions require a rotating roster.
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Comply with Canberra Health Services Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy.
There are temporary full-time or part-time positions available for a period of six to 12 months with the possibility of extension on rotating rosters. *The salary noted above is the current salary which will increase in December 2019 in accordance with the current Nursing-Midwifery Agreement 2017-2019.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
There are temporary full-time or part-time positions available for a period of six to 12 months with the possibility of extension on rotating rosters.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services