Closes: 17 July 2019
Classification: Health Professional Level 4
Salary: $106,043 - $114,146
Position No: 26204 - 01KJT
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 02 July 2019
Contact Officer: Daniel Lalor on
(02) 5124 2121
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focused on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Three Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position:
The Pharmacy sits within the Office of the Executive Director of Medical Services (EDMS) which includes the Physician Training Office, Medical Officer Support, Credentialing, Employment and Training Unit (MOSCETU), GP Liaison Unit (GPLU), Pathology, Pharmacy, Medical Imaging and Library Services.
The Canberra Health Services (CHS) Pharmacy Department have a dynamic, talented team of approximately 100 staff, including: pharmacists, technicians and administration staff. The department provides a range of clinical services to inpatients and outpatients including a number of specialised services.
The pharmacy team charter is “Our competent and professional team will provide a contemporary and forward thinking pharmacy service that gives the best patient focused care possible and is valued by the ACT health community. Under the broad direction of the Deputy Director of Pharmacy- Operations, the Dispensary Lead Pharmacist will work closely with a team of dedicated and skilled technicians and pharmacists to deliver a safe, efficacious and patient centred service. The responsibility of this position is to provide leadership, management, and coordination of the entire dispensary service. This position will also include advanced clinical, education, research and quality improvement roles.
- Appropriate Pharmacist qualifications and eligibility for registration as a Pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Clinical Pharmacy, Management, Education or Research or extensive clinical pharmacy experience deemed equivalent
- Research experience and/or publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Project management experience.
- The Society of Hospital Pharmacist of Australia (SHPA) membership.
- Current driver’s licence.
Prior to commencement successful candidates may be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Comply with Canberra Health Services credentialing for Allied Health professionals.
- Provide a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
This is a temporary position available for 12 months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency. The position holder will also integrate into the CHS Pharmacy team and will provide a range of pharmacy services on weekends, after hours and public holidays as rostered, including on call.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services
Leaders and Senior Management