Closes: 09 April 2020
Classification: Health Service Officer Level 4/5
Salary: $53,444 - $59,074 plus superannuation
Position No: 26250, Several - 01P6R
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 26 March 2020
Contact Officer: Jacqueline Williams on
(02) 5124 3109
Details: Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services. Overview of the work area and position
Overview of the work area and position
Logistic Support Services is a section within Infrastructure and Health Support Services (I&HSS). The function of the Logistic Support Services includes Domestic & Environmental Services, Food Service, Sterilising Services, and Supply.
Supply Services provides clinical products to the Health Services in ACT, primarily being Canberra Hospital, as well as warehousing and distribution of the products.
The position reports to the Store Supervisor of Canberra Health Services, Supply Services.
To be successful in this position, you will need to have proven experience in all aspects of stores management (i.e. issues, receipts, picking, stock-taking, etc.) in a large and busy warehouse environment operating in a computerised purchasing and inventory control system. This position is rotated between the Supply Services Warehouse, Mitchell and Canberra Hospital.
- Relevant work experience highly desired
- Current Driver’s Licence
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
Note: This is a temporary position available for a period of 12 months with possibility of extension or permanency.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
This is a temporary position available for a period of 12 months with possibility of extension or permanency.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services