Registered Midwife – Maternity Services
Full-time Temporary with a Possibility of Permanency
Closes: 30 June 2021
Classification: Registered Midwife Level 1
Salary: $67,984 - $90,814 plus superannuation
Position No: 27874, several - 01RVW
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 11 September 2020
Contact Officer: Chanel Connor on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 51247538
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
The Maternity Department at the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children (CHWC) is a tertiary centre (Level six) for the ACT and southern New South Wales. The maternity services at CHWC provide women-centred evidence-based quality maternity care to approximately 3600 women per year.
Centenary Hospital for Women and Children (CHWC) is seeking suitably qualified Registered Midwives Level 1 with an interest in providing quality safe care to women and their babies in the areas of antenatal, intrapartum or postnatal care.
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Applicants require a minimum two years midwifery experience.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
Note: These are temporary positions available for a period of 12 months with the possibility of permanency. Part time will be considered, and the full-time salary noted above will be pro-rata.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
These are temporary positions available for a period of 12 months with the possibility of permanency.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services