Closes: 03 April 2020
Classification: Health Professional Level 3
Salary: $93,346 - $98,359 (up to $103,237 on achieving a personal upgrade) plus superannuation
Position No: 29153 - 01O4V
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 18 March 2020
Contact Officer: Domenico Tripodi on
02 5124 3286
Acute Occupational Therapy currently have a vacancy for an experienced clinician to work across the caseload at the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children. The role is a part time temporary position and would suit an experienced clinician with a passion for working predominantly in the acute paediatrics setting with some cover of the gynaecology caseload. The position is available for an initial 18 month period with the possibility of extension or permanency. Please follow the directions in the overview section below to apply.
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Seven community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position:
Occupational Therapy services work collaboratively with individuals, families, carers and service providers within and external to ACT Health.
The Acute Support Occupational Therapy team is responsible for the delivery of Occupational Therapy services to the acute areas of the Canberra Hospital and ensuring that individual patients’ needs are met from the perspective of our profession while contributing to the safe and timely discharge of patients to their home environments in line with State and Federal requirements.
With distant supervision you will play a key role in providing day to day occupational therapy to a range of patients within a designated caseload area. Through your work you will also assist in meeting the caseload requirements of the broader Occupational Therapy Team.
Our staff are committed to the delivery of health services that reflect Canberra Health Services values: care, excellence, collaboration and integrity.
Working with us you will have peer support from an experienced team of clinicians and provided with direct clinical supervision from a designated senior Occupational Therapist or the Department Manager at this level.
* Be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
* Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in Occupational Therapy and eligibility for membership of Occupational Therapy Australia
* Hold a current Australian Driver’s license.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
* Undergo a pre-employment National Police check
* Comply with CHS credentialing requirements for allied health.
* Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
Note: This is a temporary position available for a period of 18 months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency. This position is part-time at (14:42) hours per week and the full-time salary noted above will be pro-rata. This position maybe required to participate in overtime, on call and/or rotation roster.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
This is a temporary position available for a period of 18 months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services