Closes: 27 January 2020
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 3.1
Salary: $108,237 - $112,691
Position No: 30471 - 01NJB
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 13 January 2020
Contact Officer: Kalvinder Bains on
(02) 5124 3133
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol and Drug Services (MHJHADS) provide health services directly and through partnerships with community organisations. The services provided range from prevention and treatment to recovery, maintenance and harm minimisation. Consumer and carer participation is encouraged in all aspects of service planning and delivery. The Division works in partnership with consumers, carers and a range of government and non-government service providers to ensure the best possible outcomes for clients.
The Division delivers services at a number of locations, including hospital inpatient and outpatient settings, community health centres, detention centres, other community settings including peoples’ homes. These services include:
- Rehabilitation and Speciality Services
- Adult Community Mental Health Services (ACMHS)
- Adult Acute Mental Health Services (AAMHS)
- Alcohol and Drug Services (ADS)
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Justice Health Services (JHS)
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) provides assessment and treatment for young people up to the age of 18 years who are experiencing moderate to severe mental health issues.
The CAMHS community teams are made up of multidisciplinary mental health professionals who provide assessment treatment and clinical management within a recovery framework.
This role will be to conduct assessment and clinically manage children and young people with mental health issues, facilitate group work and to provide support to junior clinicians.
The role will also require the team member to undertake professional development and supervision, participate in quality initiatives and contribute to the multidisciplinary team processes.
- Tertiary qualifications (or equivalent) in Nursing.
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Current driver’s licence.
- Previous experience working with young people.
- Ideally five years previous experience in mental health post qualifying.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Comply with Canberra Health Services Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
This is a temporary part-time position available for 12 months with the possibility of extension.This position is part-time at (22:05) hours per week and the full-time salary noted above will be pro-rata.
How to Apply
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
This is a temporary part-time position available for 12 months with the possibility of extension. This position is part-time at (22:05) hours per week and the full-time salary noted above will be pro-rata.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services