Closes: 14 November 2019
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 3.1
Salary: $106,795 - $111,190
Position No: 38041 - 01MB4
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 01 November 2019
Contact Officer: Catherine Campbell on
(02) 5124 7373
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
Paediatrics at the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children provides holistic, evidence based quality health care and advocacy for all children and adolescents in the ACT and surrounding areas. The service is child and family centred, as we understand that the family is central to the successful delivery of health care.
As the Paediatric Palliative Care Nurse you will provide expert clinical care and lead the coordination of palliative care for children and young people with life-limiting conditions in the ACT. You will work in collaboration with stakeholders from The Centenary Hospital for Women and Children, The Canberra Hospital Palliative Care team, Clare Holland House and Home Based Palliative Care Service, Sydney Children’s Hospital Network and other key community services to ensure seamless transfer for care and support.
* Tertiary qualifications in Nursing with current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Please note prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
* Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
* Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
This is a temporary position available for up to 12 months with the possibility of extension. This position is part-time (job sharing) at 24 hours (three days) per week and the full-time salary noted above will be pro-rata.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
This is a temporary position available for up to 12 months with the possibility of extension.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services