Closes: 07 April 2020
Classification: Health Professional Level 1
Salary: $61,986 - $81,211 plus superannuation
Position No: 38060 - 01P46
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 24 March 2020
Contact Officer: Elissa Jacobs on
02 5124 2045
Details: Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
The Canberra Health Services Division of Allied Health Services provides a range allied health services. A strong emphasis is placed across all sections on accessible and timely care, delivered to a high standard of safety and quality. This is underpinned by the Division’s commitment to research and training. The Division works in partnership with professional colleagues, consumers, and a range of government and non-government service providers to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients.
The Psychology team in Acute Allied Health Services provides evidence-based care to inpatients and outpatients across four divisions of The Canberra Hospital (TCH) and Canberra Health Services. TCH is an acute care teaching hospital of approximately 600 beds, and a tertiary referral centre that provides a broad range of specialist services to the people of the ACT and South East NSW. The team consists of Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Neuropsychologist roles.
The Clinical Psychologist Registrar reports to the Manager of Acute Psychology role and is responsible for providing clinical assessments and intervention services to patients of TCH. Clinical supervision for the registrar program (area of endorsement Clinical Psychology) is provided and will be negotiated with the Acute Psychology Manager.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Clinical Psychology or equivalent.
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Enrolled in (or eligible for enrolment) the Clinical Psychology Registrar Program for Area of Practice Endorsement in Clinical Psychology with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Previous experience working with a multidisciplinary team in an acute care setting.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
- Comply with CHS credentialing requirements for allied health.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
Note: This is a temporary position available for a period of 24 months. This position is part-time at (29:40) hours per week and the full-time salary noted above will be pro-rata.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
This is a temporary position available for a period of 24 months.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services