Closes: 13 December 2019
Classification: Technical Officer Level 2
Salary: $62,521 - $71,593
Position No: 38738 - 01N7R
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 02 December 2019
Contact Officer: Mary Brun on
(02) 5124 3704
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
* The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
* University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
* Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
* Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
* A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
ACT Pathology is a division of the Canberra Health Service offering a diagnostic Pathology service to the ACT and surrounding region. The laboratory operates 24 hours, seven days a week, offering a wide range of testing procedures over two campuses. The main laboratory is located at the Canberra Hospital and branch laboratory is located at the Calvary Hospital.
The successful applicant will be based in the Calvary laboratory specimen reception area and under broad direction from the senior management team will be responsible for the supervision of administrative and technical support services of the Specimen Reception Area of the laboratory.
* An associate diploma and/or Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent
* Tertiary qualifications in Medical Science and eligibility for membership of the appropriate professional organisation.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
* Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
* Comply with Canberra Health Services Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
Note: This is a temporary full-time position for approximately 10 months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency. There will be a requirement for some shift/after-hours work.
How to Apply
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
This is a temporary full-time position for approximately 10 months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services